19 October 2009

Words and Pictures





I was tagged (oops, ages ago) by the lovely Kelly at A Place of My Own with the Photo Tag.

Here are the rules:
  • Mention who tagged you.
  • Go to your photo files…Select the 6th photo folder.
  • Select the 6th photo in that folder.
  • Post that photo along with the story behind it.
  • Then challenge 5 blog friends to do the same!
This is a photo of Presley taken by Andy about a year ago. I must have been out, or feeding Cash or something. Andy thinks it's hilarious to give the boys guitar magazines to read. This is one of Andy's technical manuals. Presley looks quite interested - or perhaps he's contemplating what it will taste like!

Rather than singling out five of you, I'll throw this open to anyone who fancies it.

***

Far more recently Kelly also tagged me with the Randomness of the Book Meme, as did the wonderful Lorraine at Ramblings of a Mum on the Run.

So here are the rules…
  • Collect the book that you have most handy.
  • Turn to page 161.
  • Find the 5th complete sentence.
  • Site the sentence on your blog.
  • Pass it on to 5 other bloggers.
Funnily enough the book I'm currently reading, 'The Philosophical Baby' by Alison Gopnik', is the book Kelly used for her tag. So I'm going to pick up the next book I'm planning to read.

"Describe the problem:
'I'd like to help you out. The problem is the electrician is coming in the nest half hour' "

This is from 'How to talk so kids will listen and how to listen so kids will talk' by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish. This book has been recommended to me by so many parents. I'm looking forward to reading it. When I get a minute!

Again I'm going to pass this on to anyone that fancies it, but I would specifically like to invite those who have contributed to the "What are you reading?" stream on British Mummy Bloggers.




Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Sorry, I'm not sure if I told you there is an award for you at mine.....it was last week. Ooops. You've probably already got it. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love children in sleep suits - yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea, I'll do it on my blog today x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chic Mama, thanks for the award lovely, very kind. I'll be over to collect it soon x

    The Mad House, me too, but I think Cash will be in pyjamas pretty soon. Trying to pop him up while he break-dances is not my idea of fun!

    Frogs+Sprogs, excellent, I'll be over to have a look x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin