10 July 2013

Write On Prompts Week 3




It's week 3 already. Thank you to everyone who took part in Week 2 and made it such a friendly and supportive link up. Again there were some great blog posts and a a few super stories. You're a creative and talented bunch.

I do hope that this week's prompts will inspire you to take part in Write On.

How to Write On
  • Chose a writing prompt from the list below (I'll set three new prompts each Wednesday).
  • Write a blog post inspired by a prompt (or do all three). You can write in any way you choose, whether that be fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, stream of consciousness, essay or 'just' a regular blog post.
  • Include the Write On badge in your blog post, if you like (just copy and paste the code from the top of the sidebar or bottom of this post).
  • Publish your post between now and Monday.
  • I'll publish my post, inspired by one of the prompts, on Monday.
  • Link up your blog post (The linky goes live at 9am on Monday and stays open for a week).
  • I will comment on and share all of your posts.
  • It would be great if you could read and comment on some, or all, of the posts too.

These writing prompts are for everybody. Even if you wouldn't call yourself a writer, you are still writing on your blog. Have a go. Express yourself. Stretch yourself, you never know what might happen. There are no rules. Try to enjoy just writing.

***

Write On Prompts - Week 3

When I was thinking about setting up Write On, I filled many pages of a new notebook (oh how I love stationery) with ideas for writing prompts. I've got enough to keep us going for as long as you want writing inspiration. This week I saw one of my prompts on another blog - a complete coincidence and proof that great minds think alike.

1) If I won the Lottery...
Boo, Roo and Tigger Too wrote about her dream this week. What she chooses to buy with her lottery win may surprise you. What would you do if you won the big one? How would you spend your millions? Would it make you happy? I won a massive £2.80 on the Euromillions last night. I've already spent it on sweets - not much else to say about with that win really.

2) Regrets.
Do you regret the things you have done, or the things you didn't have the courage to do?

3) Heat.
This prompt is inspired by the sunny weather, but feel free to let your imagination run away with you. What feelings or memories does the word heat evoke?


***

Here is the badge code

Baby Baby

Share/Save/Bookmark

8 comments:

  1. Im loving writing from your prompts! thank you so much for helping me to get back into writing again :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Liz, aw thank you. I've just seen that you joined in the last two weeks. Would you like to add your posts to the link ups so everyone else can read your posts? x

      Delete
  2. I'm not a creative writer, but I'll have a go at this Sandy. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jean, you just have to write, which you can do very well x

      Delete
  3. Oooh tough ones! Bought myself a new creative notebook today (any excuse)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I not know about your blogging prompts?

    Thank you Sandy for mentioning my 'If I won the lottery...' post. I hope it gives inspiration to others.

    I will endeavour to write a little something about regrets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sarah, ah, we've only been going for a couple of weeks. I could write a book about regrets...

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin