3 July 2013

Write On Prompts Week 2




I can't even begin to tell you how delighted I am that 12 bloggers linked up with Week 1 of Write On. There were some seriously good blog posts and a few fantastic short stories. You're a talented bunch. It was wonderful to see everyone reading all of the posts and commenting too. I hope this has encouraged those that did take part to have another go this week.

I do hope that this week's prompts will inspire you to take part in Write On.

How to Write On
  • Chose a writing prompt from the list below (I'll set three new prompts each Wednesday).
  • Write a blog post inspired by a prompt (or do all three). You can write in any way you choose, whether that be fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, stream of consciousness, essay or 'just' a regular blog post.
  • Include my shiny new badge in your blog post, if you like (just copy and paste the code from the top of the sidebar or bottom of this post).
  • Publish your post between now and Monday.
  • I'll publish my post, inspired by one of the prompts, on Monday.
  • Link up your blog post (The linky goes live at 9am on Monday).
  • I will attempt to comment on and share all of your posts.
  • It would be great if you could read and comment on some, or all, of the posts too.

These writing prompts are for everybody. Even if you wouldn't call yourself a writer, you are still writing on your blog. Have a go. Express yourself. Stretch yourself, you never know what might happen. There are no rules. Try to enjoy just writing.

***

Write On Prompts - Week 2

1) Overheard.
Be an eavesdropper this week. People are endlessly fascinating. You could write about what you have heard, or write a short story.

2) A day off.
What would you do if you have a day off? How would you spend your time if you had no responsibilities for just one day?

3) Too Much Information.
How much should we share online? Where do you draw the line between openly sharing and keeping aspects of your life private? Can you still be honest if you are holding back?



***

Here is the shiny badge code

Baby Baby

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. I love looking early and seeing which one shouts out at me. I've chosen and will think on it a day or two to see how it evolves ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mari, that's great to hear. I'm doing the same, letting the idea develop in my head before I start writing :)

      Delete
  2. I am actually using these prompts as starting points for writing my book so will mull them over and see which one best works with what I am writng at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Domestic Goddesque, oh wow, that is so exciting :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin