17 July 2013

Crafting with Bosch and Cherry Healey



Last month I decided I was well enough, following quite a serious illness, to travel into London on the train for a blog event. I'm glad I went.

Bosch had invited bloggers for an evening of crafting at Homemade London, near Marble Arch, with friendly TV presenter Cherry Healey. Kelly from Domestic Goddesque was there too. She wrote about her experience in Bish Bash Bosch. She is a blogging genius, that is the best blog post title I have ever seen. 

We chatted about our DIY experience - or lack thereof. There were representatives from Bosch there to answer our questions and to demonstrate all the products in their hand-held range.

I had a go with a mini-sander and was impressed with how easy it was to use. It was comfortable to hold and we made short work of sanding a dining chair.

I also had my first ever play with a glue gun. The Bosch Glue Pen is small, light and simple to operate. I used it to decorate a birdhouse. I was amazed at my restraint when presented with a table full of crafting gorgeousness that I went for the less is more approach. Cherry judged my birdhouse to be the best decorated. I think it was the wallpaper on the underside of the lid and the mirror inside for the birds that swung it. My prize was a Bosch Cordless Screwdriver. Oh yes, I was able to treat my husband on Father's Day this year.

I came away feeling pleased that I was well enough to have a fun evening out with great company. I was also impressed with the quality of the Bosch tools, although the glue in the glue pen wasn't the best - some of my mosaic tiles fell off on the journey home. Having said that, I'm sure the birds won't mind. 

Thank you to Bosch for my prize and for my goody bag which contained a Glue Pen. Bosch are pretty lively on Twitter, you can follow them for tips and competitions.


.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin