Happy New Year!
I always get a bit weepy when Big Ben bongs and New Year's Eve becomes New Year's Day.
Maybe it is sadness at something ending, yet happiness and expectation at the start of something new.
We had a lovely New Year's Eve. Andy and I took the boys into Preston. We had a look round the sales. I was over the moon to find boys' pyjamas for £3 in M&S.
I also got myself some pjyamas in the sales. It was only when I got them home that I realised they had a slogan on the front.
I mean, it may be true, but I am 39, not 9. Why write that on an adult's PJ's? I'm not ready for Winceyette yet, but slogans? Come on!
We then had lunch in Pizza Express. The boys behaved impeccably. I was so proud of them. There was no highchair for Presley, but he sat in an adult chair and didn't move throughout the whole meal. They ate with gusto.
Presley was particularly enamoured with the tomato sauce that Andy and I had with our risotto balls. He kept asking for 'jam' on his dough balls!
Here is Cash being all grown up and drinking out of a cup:
Last night Andy and I had a quiet night in front of the television. We managed to drink a bottle of champagne and a bottle of wine before messing about with Bleugh the Monkey. Andy made him dance along to Lady Gaga. You can't hear her on this video but you can hear me laughing!
Who said tiny things please tiny minds?!
Andy let me have a lie in this morning. I needed it. I'm not used to drinking quite so much. I have a bit of a hangover today!
I don't make New Year Resolutions. I don't like to set myself up for failure. I do however like to set goals and make plans.
2010 will be a big year for me. I'll be *whispers* 40 next month.
So, what do I want to achieve in 2010?
- I'd like to plan something (anything) for my 40th. I don't want to spend a lot of money, or leave the boys for long. Suggestions please!!
- I'd like a new look for Baby Baby.
- I'd like to be more focused when I have time to myself, especially when I want to write. It's all too easy to check on Twitter, Facebook and emails.
- I'd like to read a blog post and leave a comment there and then. For some reason I read a post and decide to comment later. When I get back to the post I either have to read it again or it is too late to comment!
- I'd like to work on my novel. I start another creative writing course next week, so that will help me.
- We're going to move house. Oh My God I HATE moving!
- Two words that strike fear into my heart: potty training. Yes, we've got that delight to come this year.
- Finally, and most importantly, I'd like to be a better mother to my two wonderful boys. I'd like to have more patience. I'd like to stop shouting at them, they're only babies after all. Shouting doesn't teach them anything except to shout. I'd like to spend more time baking and making with them. I'd like to keep them happy and entertained all day.