1 January 2010

In With The New


Happy New Year!

I always get a bit weepy when Big Ben bongs and New Year's Eve becomes New Year's Day.

Maybe it is sadness at something ending, yet happiness and expectation at the start of something new.

We had a lovely New Year's Eve. Andy and I took the boys into Preston. We had a look round the sales. I was over the moon to find boys' pyjamas for £3 in M&S.

I also got myself some pjyamas in the sales. It was only when I got them home that I realised they had a slogan on the front.

'Sleeping Diva'.

I mean, it may be true, but I am 39, not 9. Why write that on an adult's PJ's? I'm not ready for Winceyette yet, but slogans? Come on!

We then had lunch in Pizza Express. The boys behaved impeccably. I was so proud of them. There was no highchair for Presley, but he sat in an adult chair and didn't move throughout the whole meal. They ate with gusto.

Presley was particularly enamoured with the tomato sauce that Andy and I had with our risotto balls. He kept asking for 'jam' on his dough balls!

Here is Cash being all grown up and drinking out of a cup:



***

Last night Andy and I had a quiet night in front of the television. We managed to drink a bottle of champagne and a bottle of wine before messing about with Bleugh the Monkey. Andy made him dance along to Lady Gaga. You can't hear her on this video but you can hear me laughing!




Who said tiny things please tiny minds?!

Andy let me have a lie in this morning. I needed it. I'm not used to drinking quite so much. I have a bit of a hangover today!

***

I don't make New Year Resolutions. I don't like to set myself up for failure. I do however like to set goals and make plans.

2010 will be a big year for me. I'll be *whispers* 40 next month.

So, what do I want to achieve in 2010?
  • I'd like to plan something (anything) for my 40th. I don't want to spend a lot of money, or leave the boys for long. Suggestions please!!
  • I'd like a new look for Baby Baby.
  • I'd like to be more focused when I have time to myself, especially when I want to write. It's all too easy to check on Twitter, Facebook and emails.
  • I'd like to read a blog post and leave a comment there and then. For some reason I read a post and decide to comment later. When I get back to the post I either have to read it again or it is too late to comment!
  • I'd like to work on my novel. I start another creative writing course next week, so that will help me.
  • We're going to move house. Oh My God I HATE moving!
  • Two words that strike fear into my heart: potty training. Yes, we've got that delight to come this year.
  • Finally, and most importantly, I'd like to be a better mother to my two wonderful boys. I'd like to have more patience. I'd like to stop shouting at them, they're only babies after all. Shouting doesn't teach them anything except to shout. I'd like to spend more time baking and making with them. I'd like to keep them happy and entertained all day.




Share/Save/Bookmark

10 comments:

  1. ounds like a wonderful day and evening. We didnt go out either. I can not cope with hangovers at all.

    On the blog post comments and help issue. I found the information by Heather from notes from Lapland invaluable.http://notesfromlapland.blogspot.com/2009/12/5-tips-to-make-blog-reading-commenting.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NotesFromLapland+%28Notes+from+Lapland%29&utm_content=Google+Reader I now use FireFox and the G reader and comment as I read - yippee.

    I hate moving house too!

    Oh and on the potty training it will not be as bad as you imagine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some nice goals you have there. Not sure on suggestions for your 40th, but for my 30th my OH took me away for one night, we spent the day with the kids and then left them with MIL and had a lovely evening out and a night in a local hotel before going home in the morning.

    Hope the hangover goes soon. I have one too but only drank a couple of glasses of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, potty training's on our agenda this year too. Good luck with the creative writing course - sounds cool!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am new to your blog but enjoying what I have read - thanks for sharing. I also have the joy of potty training this year and am not looking forward to it at all. I'll keep an eye for any tips. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for making plans. I never do in January as the month is full of very hard work for me. 1 Feb is much more enjoyable!

    Potty training needn't be scary. it can be exasperating, frustrating and damn annoying at times but sometimes I think we might have cracked it.

    I waited a long time and monster was 2.75 due to other upsets (moving house etc) but he still isn't that keen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 2010! Sounds like a fun NYE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you and yours. I love your boys names, I was distinctly unimaginative with my offspring. But what would you expect from a woman who has a nightie that says "I'm usually gorgeous but it's my day off"

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Mad House, Thanks for the link. I did read that post, but to be honest I'm not that technical. I'll have another look! Re the potty training, we're leaving it as late as we can so that we know Presley is ready. Hopefully that will make it easier!

    Ang, I think you're on to something with the one night in a local hotel. It would be special, but not too expensive, or involve to much time away from the boys. The hangover did go in the end, I won't be drinking that much again for a while!

    The Dotterel, good luck with the potty training! Can't wait for the creative writing course to start, although I'll be nervous when my writing is workshopped! Happy New Year to you too.

    Michelle, hi there, thanks for visiting. Good luck with the potty training! Yes, please share your tips! :-)

    Slim Lens, roll on 1st Feb! Preslet will be at least 2.5 before we start. Of course we may leave it until we've moved. I'm waiting for him to decide he's ready.

    Amy, happy 2010 to you too :-)

    AuntieGwen, Happy New Year to you too and thank you. Now if there was a slogan that would apply to me I think you've found it! I unveiled the 'sleeping diva' PJ's last night. Andy laughed. They may as well have said 'passion killer'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year. I know what you mean about the blog commenting, more often than not I read posts in google reader on the iphone and star them to leave a comment when I am on the laptop, by the time I get round to it I have to read them again. Still, it is better than the couple of months where I hardly commented at all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly, Happy New Year to you too. To comment on every post would be a full time job. You just do what you can :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin