11 September 2011

Sainsbury's Super Saturday

I was invited by Sainsbury's to attend Super Saturday. It was a family pop festival, held on Clapham Common, celebrating one year to go until the London 2012 Paralympic Games.

As well as the music, there were many Paralympians and Paralympic hopefuls there. There were demonstrations of sports and opportunities to have a go at some of the events. The athletes received a wonderful reception and there was a buzz of excitement with one year to go until London 2012.

My day started in the P&G tent where I, a few other bloggers and a lot of athletes and their mums, were treated to hair, make-up and bucks fizz. Lots of bucks fizz.

Photo credit

We also had an exclusive performance from the amazing Belinda Carlisle. I had a moment when she was performing. She was a favourite of my late brother and I wished he could have been there with me. I welled up a couple of times. I blame the bucks fizz.



I spent the rest of the day with Uju and Maria  flitting between the main stage and the VIP area. This was the place to be. The hospitality was superb and there were a few celebs milling around.

Some were lovely and friendly, like the taller-than-he-looks-on-the-telly Vincent Simone:



Others were not, here's Alex Reid:


and Michelle Heaton:



The Sugababes were gorgeous and tiny. Here's the current line-up (at the time of posting):



The main attraction for me was seeing the fabulous Will Young live on stage. I wasn't disappointed. Here he is, singing to me:



I wasn't that familiar with most of the pop acts on stage. In fact, if The Wanted lined up in front of me wearing T-shirts saying 'I'm in the popular pop combo The Wanted' I still wouldn't know who they were.

I think this is one of them (in the blue hat):



I have to say that I enjoyed watching The Wanted and Olly Murs and Pixie Lott. I may have even had a bop.



As the day went on, and my mojito count rose, I amused myself by trying to take comedy photographs of 'celebs'.

This is Dom Littlewood, walking away:


With Maria as my decoy, this is the woman who plays Heather (I think) in Eastenders:


Cheers!




Huge thanks to Sainsbury's and Beige and P&G and Hill & Knowlton for a fabulous day.




.





Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. Sandy I think we have found your new career as a paparazzi - fab shots! It was so good to spend the day with you and of course being VIP...MOJITOS!!!! Don't forget to get that bathroom radio we talked about, you won't be sorry. See you in a few weeks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am *so* jealous. I absolutely adore Will Young. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it an awesome day? And ooh, the mojitos! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely comments. It was a fab day. I still wouldn't know who the Wanted were if I fell over them, but their music is pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin