Welcome to the Baby Baby dinner party for one.
The White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood is asking people around the world to wear white and hold a dinner party in March for the 100th year of International Women's Day on the 8th. Please get together with your friends, have some fun and join this global celebration of women and newborns saved and also to remember those lost.
Together women around the world can really show governments and national leaders that we won't be ignored and that all women in every country deserve access to basic healthcare. We can save so many lives by refusing to be ignored. Please Play Your Part to prevent the needless deaths of women and newborns in childbirth.
You can read more at The White Ribbon Alliance.
The lovely Liz at Living With Kids is collecting recipes for her virtual dinner party in support of this campaign.
Here is my recipe for Carrot and Coriander Soup:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 sliced onion
- 1lb sliced carrots
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- Bunch of fresh chopped coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Gently fry onions and carrots in vegetable oil for a few minutes until they start to soften
- Stir in ground coriander and season
- Add the stock and bring to the boil
- Simmer until the carrots are tender
- Stir in chopped coriander before serving or when re-heating
- Garnish with a swirl of cream and a few fresh coriander leaves
Perfect for a dinner party as can be made in advance.
Serve with crusty granary bread.
The best thing about a dinner party for one? You get to drink all the wine!