Last year I tested and reviewed Ecover household cleaning products. The lovely Melita from Bray Leino emailed me recently to ask if I would like to try Ecover's new concentrated laundry liquid. I asked to try the non bio version.
I already use non bio concentrated laundry liquid, so this would be a direct comparison. Concentrated liquids require less packaging and less transport miles and give you more washes per bottle.
- The clean smell. It's not an over-powering floral or soapy smell and it doesn't linger on the washing.
- The packaging, particularly the measuring cap. No drips or messy lids here.
- The washing. All perfectly clean (and boy do my children know how to get their clothes dirty)!
- The green credentials: no optical brighteners, no phosphates and no petrochemical-based surfactants.
- I have sensitive skin and had no reaction to this gentle product.
I didn't like:
- It's currently only available at Waitrose and Ocado, although Ecover are working on this.
- It's slightly more expensive than Fairy or Persil. Ecover is £5.69 for 750ml or 21 washes. Fairy is £4.49 for 740ml and Persil is £4.18 for 730ml. (Prices taken from Ocado.com today).
Would I buy it?
- Yes. In line with us trying to be more eco-friendly I will be using Ecover for my laundry as well as my washing up and cleaning.