20 November 2011

There's No Such Thing as a Free Lunch


Fairy invited me to a Clean Your Own pop-up restaurant at the OXO Tower in London's South Bank on Saturday. Michelin starred chef Michael Caines was cooking lunch.

Fabulous!

There was a catch though, I had to wash up afterwards. Turns out it was a small price to pay.

Here is the menu:



I chose the lamb. It was amazing.


As was the shepherd's pie,



and the veg.



For dessert I had the apple plate. The apple mousse, in particular, was out of this world.



Here I am with Michael Caines:


Here he is with Luschka from Diary of a First Child:



It was lovely spending the day with Luschka and her adorable daughter, along with Domestic Goddesque, Mellow Mummy and Jamie from The Life and Times of a Househusband and their lovely families.

Here is Jamie demonstrating his househusbandly skills in the Clean Your Own challenge. He took 16 seconds to wash up.


I managed to wash up in 15 seconds and won a year's supply of Fairy Platinum washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets. Go me! Actually, go Fairy. The sink was full of washing up liquid. All I had to do was agitate each item and it was clean.

Huge thanks to Fairy for inviting me, it was a super day.

Before heading home I met up with The Moiderer for coffee. I've known her online for ages so it was great to finally meet. She'd had a tricky day, but I hope I was a reasonable distraction. I think we could have talked for hours without either of us pausing for breath!



.



Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

  1. You lucky woman! Caines is amazing (even if he is a bit arrogant, but then, what chef isn't?!) and I'd LOVE to eat a meal cooked by him. It looks incredible.

    What a memorable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you too at last :)
    I'm glad you said "we" could have talked for hours because I was concerned that I was blabbing away at you. You were a brilliant distraction and I very much appreciated you taking the time and detour to meet with me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have minded washing up after eating a delicious looking meal like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks amazing! So gutted that I couldn't come with you. We must get together soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing! My mouth is watering just from the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was an absolutely great day - certainly one of the best for me in a rather average year. And it was fantastic spending time with you! We normally say hi and run off to the next thing. I really enjoyed it. And oh boy - the food...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha: what a great day!! I have a photo of all the winners on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should come over to mine. My recipes always turn out like that. #whitelie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still can't believe you beat me, but I've stopped sulking at last.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin