I have been tagged by three lovely bloggers, Chic Mama, Tiddlyompompom and Beth at My Good Life, with the Happy 101 meme.
After my last post I definitely wanted to write about something positive and upbeat. I love to be happy and to laugh so this seemed a perfect way to count my blessings.
List ten things that make you happy, then pass the award on to ten other bloggers.
Ten things that make me happy:
1) Nap time - although Presley has pretty much dropped his daytime nap, there are still days - like today - when I get some 'me' time. I take it when I can these days!
2) Friends - there is nothing like spending time with a good friend, someone who knows you inside out and never judges you. You can see each other every day and never run out of things to say or you can see each other once a year and simply pick up where you left off. A good friend will be honest with you but will always consider your feelings.
3) Shopping - Before Children I went shopping a lot. I bought clothes, shoes, bags, jewellery, make-up etc. Nowadays I buy children's clothes and shoes and rarely anything for myself. On Saturday I went to the Trafford Centre with my best friend. We spent the day shopping, just the two of us. Heaven!
4) My new maxi dress - I normally live in jeans and linen trousers, but this caught my eye in Debenhams on Saturday:
It makes me happy because it's colourful, it fits, it didn't break the bank and I found a cardigan to go with it.
5) Christopher Guest films - Spinal Tap (obviously), Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman and A Mighty Wind are all hilarious and make me laugh out loud every time I see them.
6) Eating - I'll never be skinny, I like food too much. After working my way through the menu of our favourite Indian takeaway I finally found my favourite curry, a chicken tikka Afghani special. This made me happy.
7) Kisses and cuddles - especially from Andy, Presley and Cash. 'Nuff said.
8) Writing - more than twenty years after leaving school I've picked up a pen again and started writing. I'm enjoying it. Who knows, I may even be quite good at it? I always maintained I wasn't creative, I'm revising my opinion right about now!
9) Blogging - or more specifically, bloggers. I love the fact that I've found a group of online friends, some of whom have become real life friends, that are easy to get on with. We have so much in common. Although blogging is 'only' a hobby I get so much out of it. I'm over-excited about going to Cybermummy and am looking forward to putting even more faces to headers!
10) Booths' Tea Room - for those not familiar with Booths, it is a wonderful local supermarket. Our nearest Booths has a tea room. I take the boys once a week or once a fortnight. I like the fact that they give you a number to put on your table when you order, they then bring your food and drinks over to your table. This is perfect if you have two toddlers with you. Other tea rooms please take note, it is impossible to carry a tray of hot drinks and push a pushchair at the same time. The boys and I share four
So there we go, ten things that make me happy.
I'm going to tag:
Muddling Along Mummy
Yummy Mummy No1
Christine at Thinly Spread
Susie at New Day New Lesson (just to see if she can think of even more happy things)!
If you would also like to have a go at this one, please let me know and I'll add you to the list.