I need your help.
I want to establish some Calico family Christmas traditions, but I don't really know where to start.
I want Christmas to be a magical time for all the family, but most importantly for Presley and Cash. At three and two they are getting excited about Christmas, even though they don't really know that much about it. They know they get presents, but there's so much more to Christmas than that.
I found out on Twitter tonight that Young Mummy and Cosmic Girlie are at the same stage as me and Pippa has promised to give us some pointers on her blog - after all, she is the queen of all things Christmassy.
These are my ideas so far:
- Advent calendars
- Go carol singing with our neighbours
- Visit Father Christmas. This year we have booked to go on the Santa Express steam train.
- Make or buy new tree decorations
- Decorate the tree together
- Make paperchains (if I can find some - suggestions of stockists please)
- Drive around to look at everyone's lights (I stole this from Cosmic Girlie)
- A special meal on Christmas Eve and a special breakfast on Christmas Day (to be decided)
- Leave a mince pie for Father Christmas and a carrot for Rudolph
- Letters to Father Christmas (the NSPCC will send a letter back for a small donation)
- Buying one present for the poor children of the world via UNICEF
- Taking our old toys to the charity shop
- A walk on Christmas Day after lunch
- A pantomime between Christmas and New Year
Over to you. What are your family traditions at Christmas?