29 September 2010

Handbags and Guitars


My husband and I are a bit like ships that pass in the night at the moment. 

In spite of this, we are quite old-fashioned and still rather romantic. We write each other little love notes.

Here is an example:



Some background may help to decipher this love letter. Earlier this year I bought a Radley handbag. It is roomy and practical, but it's not my dream handbag. When I came home with it, Andy asked how much it was and promptly bought a guitar of the same value. 

Then when I came back from Bicester Village with a few little bits and pieces *ahem*, Andy bought another guitar.

You see where I'm going with this? I get a handbag, Andy gets a guitar. Or vice versa. So when my new John Lewis catalogue arrived and I saw the Mulberry Alexa in GRAPE, well, I wrote the note.

Andy's response to my love note? He said '£695! How do they make a profit?'. Then his eyes showed guitar signs and he mumbled something about a Fender Stratocaster costing around that much. 

Of course Andy doesn't really need a new guitar and I don't really need a new handbag (oh yeah, and we haven't yet won the lottery), but my goodness, isn't it a gorgeous bag?!




.





Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous and he absolutely must buy you one (as Lola from Charlie and Lola would say). I've a lovely Radley bag. It's nice, but not my dream bag either and there is always room for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I add shoes to the list of "must haves"? At least I know that handbags and shoes are always going to fit ;)

    And that is one GORGEOUS handbag, by the way. I saw some handbags on twitter the other day and I nearly died through dehydration from dribbling they were that lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it is rather gorgeous. Nearly Christmas eh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who is married to a golfer. Each time he goes to a competition she goes jewelry shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bag, but no longer even lust after things that cost this much, but if it is your dream bag and you can afford it go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a relationship a bit like this, when I want scrapbooking stuff I ask Mr L when his next PS3 game is coming out. It works well.

    I have to say its a very gorgeous bag! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, still sending each other love notes! That's romantic all right. I love handbags too, I'm a bit of a handbag junkie....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is not the handbag that i envy, it was the love notes! It's nice to know about sweet couples=)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is a bag!!!
    I write love notes - and hide them in with hubby's lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rosie, you can never have too many bags, but I'm not sure I could spend that much money on one thing! x

    Nickie, yes! That's why I like bags and shoes too! It is gorgeous, isn't it?! x

    Photopuddle, true, it is nearly Christmas! x

    Skinner675, it clearly works!! :-)

    The Mad House, I just don't think I could bring myself to spend that much money on a bag! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kerry, this clearly works for other couples - I'm so pleased! :-) x

    Gaelikaa, yes, I have a few bags. As Nickie says, they always fit! x

    Melissa, thank you!

    Baby Genie, aw, that's really sweet. Our notes are usually about what needs to go on the shopping list! x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin