11 May 2010

True Happiness


What brings you true happiness?

For me, it is this:




My little boys, Presley and Cash.

If you, like me, are lucky enough to have children you will know true happiness. Maybe not all the time. Lord knows there have been days recently when I've counted down the minutes until bedtime. Twice last week I despaired at my parenting abilities and sat and cried.

But...

But there are moments when I look at my sons, my beautiful boys and marvel at them. As Henri wrote this week in the excellent From Marketing to Milk "You’re given the power of magic. To create a person.". It is magic, it is a miracle that Andy and I created these two amazing children.

They are part of us. I gave birth to them. I pushed these babies out of my tired, pain-wracked body. 

They look a bit like us. This amuses me, it's also a bit weird!

I am astounded by their development. They really are like sponges at the moment. Learning and processing information. They have little discussions, they talk to each other. Andy and I sit and listen with massive grins on our faces.

They didn't now what clouds were, so they guessed. Presley said they were 'lambs in the sky' and Cash said 'snowman'.

When I hold them in my arms, when I am close enough to smell their little breaths, I never want to let them go.








This post was writing as part of the Sleep is for the Weak Writing Workshop. This week I chose prompt no.1 Write about a place, a time, a moment, that taught you something about true happiness.


***

I am over the moon that Baby Baby is a finalist in The MAD (Mummy And Daddy) blog awards in the category Most Inspirational Blog. If you would like to vote click on The Mads and check out some amazing blogs.




.




Share/Save/Bookmark

10 comments:

  1. My daughter never fails to amaze me every day. I love her so much and since having her I feel the luckiest woman in the world! She makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw lovely sentiment Sandy. It really is such an amazing experience being a mother. I never could have imagined the intensity of that feeling. We really are so lucky and privileged to experience motherhood x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, Sandy. People achieve true happiness when they are in the right place, with the right people.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photo Puddle, aww, that's lovely to hear :-) x

    Patchwork Bird, we are lucky. It's not something you can even imagine before they are born. x

    Mel, thank you, that is so true x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. I couldn't agree more. They may be hard work at times, but they are wonderful, special gifts. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post, motherhood does give you true happiness doesn't it. There is nothing else like it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how lovely, life is so exciting with the two of them interacting with each other...you are going to have so much fun. Life really is a miracle.X

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely. It is so easy to get caught up in the crazyness of life. We need to stop and appreciate what we have. Those moments when the children don't know we're watching or when they are asleep in our arms are perfect for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely Sandy. It's those little flashes of satisfaction and pride and love that keep me going through the bad days too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a Mummy's Life, so true :-) x

    Kerry, there is nothing else like it :-) x

    Nova, I'm so glad they're playing together now, it fills my heart with joy to see them x

    Mummy Limited, absolutely. I think we get so caught up in the day to day whining that it's easy to forget how special they are! x

    Josie, we need something to keep us going! x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin