8 April 2014

So, I recorded two songs at Abbey Road Studios

No, you shut up.

I really did.

Look, here I am in Studio 1:


I'm wearing cans and everything.



I'm lucky to be a member of the Milton Keynes Rock Choir. Last year I sang at the O2. This year our choir leader, Lottie, arranged for us to record two songs at Abbey Road Studios.

We recorded True Colours by Cyndi Lauper and You're the Voice by John Farnham. You can listen to our recordings on Soundcloud. I think we sound pretty good.




The walls of Abbey Road Studios are covered with photographs of the artists who have recorded there. We were able to see and touch pianos and mixing desks used by artists including The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Gary Barlow.

Our engineer has worked with Adele and he used the same mixing desk when they recorded Skyfall in Studio 1.

I don't think I've ever seen a happier bunch of people getting on a double decker bus to go back to Milton Keynes.






Of course I used the zebra crossing...



It would have been rude not to.




.




Share/Save/Bookmark

12 comments:

  1. Oh Wow, what a day and yes I think you sounded pretty good too! Oh and you look even better, you gorgeous woman you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jen, thank you, what a wonderful kind comment :)

      Delete
  2. How exciting, I bet it was an experience you'll never forget x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Carolin, yes, I still can't believe it really happened x

      Delete
  3. *jealous face* what an awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sonya, it was awesome, that is the best word to describe it.

      Delete
  4. Oh that's exciting! Must have been such a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Tinuke, it was. We had a wonderful day, the 6.30 bus was worth getting up for :)

      Delete
  5. Brilliant. What an experience. No wonder you were such a happy band! (and yes you do sound good)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @WinnibriggsHouse, everyone loved it. Thank you for saying that we sounded good :)

      Delete
  6. Oh no, THE zebra crossing. I had to cross it twice a week (as a car driver, coming from the other direction) and have spent hours and hours if not years at that crossing for hordes of Japanese tourist to make it to the other side.
    Other than that: totally amazing that you recorded at Abbey Road!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Met Mum, I really feel for anyone having to make that journey. People can be quite selfish and spend ages posing on the crossing, but you HAVE to walk across it at least once while you're there xx

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin