11 July 2012

P&G Raising Olympians



We haven't got a basketball hoop in our garden, so Presley and Cash have improvised. Here in this tiny moment of play the boys and I went through many emotions; elation and pride when the ball landed in my washing line, jealousy and frustration when it didn't.

Most of all I applauded effort and good sportsmanship. My boys are super-competitive with each other, so it was an achievement for them to take turns and encourage each other. They persevered and kept going and got better and better. I guess it's the same with all sports.

Since I've become a mother, I watch medal ceremonies as a mother. I always think about the athlete's parents and try to imagine how proud they must be. I am always moved to tears. I sometimes wonder whether my children will achieve this level of success. Chances are they will not, Olympians are pretty rare. I want my children to love sport. I'd like them to be good at sport. Above all I want them to be happy.

I love this video from Mrs Hoy, Chris's mum:



There are more of these wonderful videos on P&G's YouTube page.



Here is a sneak peek at the advert P&G will show during the opening ceremony at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Be warned. It made me sob.





Disclosure:
P&G sent me a goody bag, including a Sony Bloggie Touch camera, to introduce the Raising an Olympian campaign. I was under no obligation to blog about the campaign, but this post was inspired by it.

I am also linking up with Britmums and their #PGRaisingOlympians Celebrate Their Success linky to try to win a spa day.

  


Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. I think we might have to try the washing line game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, it's cheaper and easier than buying a basketball hoop!

      Delete
  2. Sandy! That video just made me well up. Nice post, and a nice reminder that "winning" also means having a attitude, no matter who comes out on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, thank you. Attitude is so important, as it enjoying what you do.

      Delete
  3. oh my those videos just made me sob. lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin