This competition is now CLOSED
Thank you for all the entries.
The winner, selected using random.org, is number 1 - Jenny. Congratulations!
I was asked to take part in the Princes Brekkie campaign and received this hamper full of fruity goodies to try.
One of my children is a fruit monster, the other needs a little cajoling. Tinned fruit and fruit juices are a big help to me. If we run out of fresh fruit I know that tinned fruit still counts as part of our Five-a-day so I always keep some handy. Also, who can resist the cherries in fruit cocktail? My four year old fruit-dodger can't and they both love fruit juice.
There are some great recipes on the Princes website. Here is one of my own:
Sandy's Speedy, Cheap and Cheerful Trifle
- Tin of fruit cocktail, drained (save the fruit juice for breakfast)
- Block of jelly, any flavour
- Value range jam and cream swiss roll
- Instant custard
- Cream for whipping
- Chocolate buttons or hundreds and thousands for decoration
This recipe is so simple and easy for the children to help with, from step 4 onwards.
- Make the custard in a jug and allow to cool
- Make the jelly in a jug, ready to pour.
- Whip the cream
- Slice the swiss roll and lay in a large glass bowl
- Pour over the fruit cocktail
- Pour over the jelly. Allow to set in the fridge
- Once the jelly is set, pour over the custard
- Whip the cream and spread over the custard
Serves loads of children or four greedy adults at a retro dinner party.
So to win one of these lovely hampers all you have to do is:
- Leave a comment on this blog post telling me your favourite fruit. Leave your twitter ID or another way to contact you.
- For an additional entry tweet this
"Ooh I want to win a Princes hamper at http://sandycalico.blogspot.com/2011/10/princes-brekkie-giveaway.html #PrincesBrekkie",
and please leave a separate comment to say that you have done so.
This giveaway closes at 8pm on Tuesday 25th October 2011.
The winner will be selected at random. If you win I will contact you and ask for your address. If I can't get hold of you I will re-draw a week later. UK only.