14 September 2009

You Are A Great Read & That!


Goodness me! Not one, not two, but three lovely bloggers think I'm a great read.
Here's the badge to prove it:



Thank you Hot Cross Mum, Emily at Maternal Tales and Laura from Yummy Mummy Flabby Tummy. They are also great reads. Go see!

The rules, and as usual you can modify if you like, are to list ten happy memories.

Here are my ten happy people, places, events and things, in no particular order:

1) Andy, my husband. He has made it his life's work to make me happy and he is succeeding. I hope I make him happy too. I feel I could try harder to do this.

2) Presley, my two year old ray of sunshine.

3) Cash, my one year old jolly poppet.

4) The Flaming Lips. I first saw them live at The Royal Albert Hall. I sang and danced so much I couldn't speak or walk properly the next day, but it was worth it to be part of an amazing concert. See:



5) Waking up on Christmas morning and shouting 'HAS HE BEEN?' to my parents. I loved the magic of Christmas and I hope I can recreate this for my boys.

6) Orange ice cream. Not orange sorbet, although that's okay, proper orange flavour ice cream. I had some at some seaside town or other when I was young. I've never seen it since. Dear Blogosphere, please would you fix it for me to find some orange flavour ice cream. Thanks.

7) Sydney, Australia. I lived here for a year and it is officially my favourite city in the world ever. I lived in the colourful suburb of Newtown. I worked in the CBD. My office overlooked the Harbour Bridge. At lunchtime - if we didn't go to the Wentworth Hotel for drinks - I could walk to the Opera House and sit in the Botanic Gardens. I made some great friends and had a blast!

8) Dancing the night away at our wedding. One of the songs we danced to was written by Andy (aka MC Heapey) and I with our dear friend Paul (aka Johnny Cashpoint). Of course you can hear it, but I'll warn you, it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Turn it up!

9) Standing on stage with my husband performing a song wot I wrote. I was soooo nervous, but I was proud that we were doing something together, something that not many people do. Proof:



10) Being involved in a very big, very hush hush business deal. I had a cloak and dagger existence for a month while the MD and I prepared the company I worked for, for sale. After they saw the accounts that I had prepared, the buyer upped their offer. When the sale went though I got a big fat hairy bonus. Those were the days!

I'm passing this award on to five wonderful bloggers who are indeed great reads, and they may not have this award yet... If you haven't visited them before, now's your chance:


***

Thanks also to the fabulous Tish Tash Toys for the Meme Award. Check out her gorgeous shop too:


***

For more great reads you can head over to the Best of British Mummy Bloggers carnival, currently being hosted by Clareybabbling.

***

I've written some more reviews for the Great Toy Guide. We love the Star Wars laptop, but are not crazy about the VTech Toy Phone!

***

Finally, huge thanks to Leslieanne at Life With A Little Dude for awarding me this gorgeous badge for being one of her readers. There are no rules attached to this one. So thank you for reading my blog. If you would like something pretty for your sidebar, look no further, this is yours:


Well, apparently it is National Cupcake Week! x

Share/Save/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. Aww thank you xx Orange Ice Cream, I'll keep an eye out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm most honoured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I am a miserable old cow though. :) will be back to read your post properly...and check out the video...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love orange ice cream. It's hard to get here, I wonder why? Congrats on your awards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orange ice cream sounds interesting...maybe you could try making some, I bet there is a recipe somewhere on the internet...congrats on the awards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you on receiving all the awards - truly deserved and some lovely 'Happies'. I may just help myself to one of those cupcakes - National Cupcake Week you say - now that IS a good idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz, you're welcome. Yes, do let me know if you find any x

    Mwa, you're welcome x

    Linda, you can be a great read and a miserable old cow too ;-) x

    Themommydaddy, thanks, I don't know why it's not more common!

    Lorraine, yes, I should do a Google search! Thanks x

    Hot Cross Mum, thank you :-) Yes, help yourself to a cupcake x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin