24 July 2014

Review: The Summer Menu at Pizza Express




Andy and I went to a Pizza Express on our first date. When I was asked if we'd like to review the new Pizza Express Summer menu, I jumped at the chance.


The first thing I tried was the Hugo, a cocktail of Prosecco, elderflower, mint and lemon. It was seriously good. You must try it.


Andy and I both ordered the Bruschetta Con Funghi to start. It was good, bready, creamy and very tasty. I would have preferred the red onion not to be raw, and would have liked more mushrooms, but the kick of chilli was spot on.


I had the Pizza Da Morire ("Gorgonzola D.O.P, crispy pancetta, leeks, artichoke, mozzarella, rosemary, chilli oil."). It was perfect. Super-thin base, perfectly cooked and a wonderful balance of flavours.


Andy had the Summer Special, Pizza Pollo Forza ("A fiery pizza; chicken marinated in smoky chilli powder, garlic and dried chilli flakes with chargrilled red & yellow peppers, roquito peppers, mozzarella and tomato, finished with Gran Moravia cheese, parsley and chilli oil"). He also loved his pizza, especially the sweet, fiery roquito peppers. 


The boys had their usual, dough balls and American pizzas. They also enjoyed the children's activity menu and crayons.

Sadly, we were all too full to order dessert. Heartbreaking, I know.

Overall we had a good experience at Pizza Express. It's always a reliable restaurant. We haven't had a bad meal there. The staff are friendly, the place is clean and the food is, well, it's pizza. Who doesn't like pizza?

One little quibble... I was surprised that there was no Summer Special menu on our table. I had to ask for the Hugo. It was not on the regular menu. The waitress said she hadn't heard of it, but she was new. She went to ask and returned with my drink. Happy days.

We went to the Pizza Express in Central Milton Keynes Shopping Centre. Our meal and drinks were free of charge, in exchange for this review.



.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin