11 April 2014

What is Kalixa Pay?

This is a sponsored post.

I am regularly contacted by agencies asking me to write about their clients. Every now and then the product or service that I have been asked to write about actually sounds pretty good.

Friends, have you heard about Kalixa Pay?

Kalixa Pay is a prepaid Mastercard. You simply transfer money to your card weekly, or monthly, and once you've spent it, that's it. There's no overdraft, no interest and no late payment fees, no stress.

What a great idea to help you budget. I attempted a Frugal February earlier this year. I tried to only spend money on essentials, but found that tight a budget too difficult to stick to. I would have been better budgeting to spend a little something. With Kalixa Pay I could do just that.

I can see me loading my card with an allowance for clothes, shoes, make up and so on, at the beginning of the month. Then I'd use it instead of my usual bottomless credit card, the one with the ridiculous credit limit, and spend away. It's like taking cash out at the beginning of the month and only spending that, but with the flexibility and security of using a Mastercard.

The account includes an online portal called eWallet. You can keep an eye on where your money is going – and perhaps more importantly, how much is left. You a free email or text message every time you use your card (for purchases over £5) detailing what you have spent and your updated account balance, ensuring you always keep on track of your spending.

Another benefit of Kalixa Pay that I can see is that you can use it on holiday abroad. Unlike other travel money cards you will not be charged any foreign exchange fees, transaction charges or commission on any purchases you make while abroad. Once your trip is over, unlike other prepaid travel money cards, if there is money left on your card you won’t be charged for spending and you do not have to worry about the exchange rates involved in converting your money back to Pounds Sterling again. You can simply continue using your card to withdraw cash and make purchases on your card at over 36 million sales points. No fees, no hassle.

What a great alternative to converting a load of cash into currency. I was tidying a drawer the other day and found a wad of Euros. I think I decided after out last holiday to France that we would be going back. I didn't want to pay commission changing it back, so I hung onto it. We haven't needed it, and - to be completely honest - I had completely forgotten about it. What a shameful admission.

The Kalixa Pay prepaid MasterCard, including the eWallet service, is available for a one-off payment of £6.95.






Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin